Friday, July 8, 2011

Сибирское воспитание | Siberian Education


Cannot ignore this book, its author and the fact that John Malkovich signed up to play in the movie adaptation.
Nicolai Lilin's 'Siberian Education' is a memoir, about growing up in a clan of “honest criminals” of Siberian origin in the Moldovan breakaway republic of Transnistria. This fact is killing me because i was born and grew up in this shithole. Mama mia. Geographical karma in action.


I'm dying to meet the author.
Right now Nicolai works as a tattoo artist in Turino, Italy adorning flash with russian styled pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Woah, you grew up there? I'd love to read your thoughts and impressions of the book "Siberian Education". I just finished reading it and it left quite an impression on me. The content is shocking and disturbing but intensely interesting. Lilin has a smooth style and the narrative is easy to read, with lots of powerful little anecdotes. It opened up a side to Russia I hadn't seen before and knew little about and left me feeling quite lucky to be apart from it.

    ReplyDelete